A Simple Teacher Notebook That Will Keep You Organized

teacher notebook planner - photo of notebooks




In this digital world, I keep most of my information on the computer.  I couldn't live without my Google Keep!  However, there are a few things I still like to have on paper.  I like a calendar that I can have right in front of me at all times.  And I like to take notes by hand.

That's why a couple of years ago, I created my perfect teacher notebook.

What's in it? A table of contents, a student list (in case I need it in a meeting), and a calendar.  And of course, lots of blank pages for notes.  That's it.

I take this notebook to every meeting I attend.  Grade level meetings, staff meetings, district meetings, trainings, parent conferences, IEPs, etc.  If I need to remember how to do something, or when to do something, I know that it'll be in my notebook.

It's so simple, but it's kept me so organized the last couple of years.  Plus I always pick out a cute notebook, which always makes things a bit more fun!

Here's how to create your teacher notebook:

1. Download the Teacher Notebook Resource.

2. Pick a notebook.  I like to pick something fun and cute.

3.  Print the pages your want in your notebook.  Then cut them out on the lines (this is because notebooks tend to be smaller than copy paper).

4.  Fill everything out, including the calendars. Be careful with the calendar to skip the weekend dates.

5. Use your notebook to take notes.

I hope this teacher notebook will help you to stay as organized as it has for me!

Looking for more organization?  Check out my post on creating a new student kit.


Happy Teaching!

~Jill


Comments